Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tarkan


If you like good music you must check out Tarkan.  I am a total iPod addict.  I decided to find some Turkish music to listen to, to put me in the mood. 

I discovered Tarkan. 

Obviously I don’t understand the lyrics at this point without a dictionary (or some memorization) but the lyrics are amazing.  The songs are certainly good to dance to, fabulous to do housework to and for burning extra calories.  In fact I can hardly not dance when listening to most of his songs!


Tarkan's latest album - Adımı Kalbine Yaz – is by far my favorite album, though Adele's new album comes close (well closer then any other). 

I told my husband that Tarkan’s voice is like chocolate, a really good dark, smooth, rich chocolate with all the different subtle layers of flavor.  I can’t decide which song that I like the most but Öp (Kiss), Adımı Kalbine Yaz (Write My Name on Your Heart) and Usta-Çırak (Master-Apprentice) are I think my top 3 (of course then I look at the rest and think but I really like that one too!) Acımayacak has a Steam Punk inspired video. 


His English album, Come Closer (not available on iTunes – but that’s ok I also have a terrible Amazon addiction) is more like milk chocolate – not so rich, with lots of sugar added but still very good. If You Only Knew is my favorite.  Metamorfoz is also a very good album.


Check his website out - http://www.tarkan.com/ - to listen to his music and watch the videos.  Once you enter the website you have the option of viewing it in English just look in the bottom left corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment