Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Paleo Diet

The Paleo Diet is a diet based on the idea that humans really haven’t evolved enough to be able to process foods like grains, legumes and similar foods and that these foods by their nature have elements that are bad for humans. If we eat them they don’t reproduce and that is bad for them so they evolved ways to stop us from eating them. 

Now I must say that we have a niece who is a very healthy and energetic vegetarian so I am guessing that like all diets or lifestyles the Paleo lifestyle isn’t for everyone.  But for my hubby and me I think that it is the right choice. 

After switching to the Paleo lifestyle in January my husband is at his lowest weight in over 10 years.  Although the weight of 330 is still pretty heavy even for someone at 6 foot 5 or so.  And he is doing it without feeling hungry or deprived.   I know that I feel a lot more healthy when I stick to the diet, more mentally alert, and less bloated, more flexible, more energetic -  I am not sure how to describe it, except I feel better and I didn't know that I didn't feel good before.  Also I do have food intolerances so when I eat things like starches or dairy my nose runs, I cough, my eyes get gummy and if I really over do it my joints hurt.  But that said my absolute favorite food is the potato, and I work at a potato plant and I get to eat potatoes on Fridays – so obviously I ‘jump off the wagon’ at least once a week. 

If you have any health or weight issues I highly recommend trying the Paleo diet for 30 days and see how you feel.


DS
The tttgoddess

No comments:

Post a Comment