Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Travel Tuesday - Hope Town photographs

We took lots of pictures on our recent trip to Hope Town on Elbow Cay in the Bahamas.  We were planning on actually sight seeing this trip, but instead fate made it a very low key vacation and the furthest we got from the house was Mr. Vernon's Grocery. Of course the question then comes up – how many times can you take a picture of the same palm tree, the same view?  Quite a few actually!

The view is spectacular, and it is hard to decide whether we should tell everyone how wonderful a place it is, or keep our mouths shut and keep it ‘our secret’.

The trip has inspired me to order some photography books and to start learning how to use the camera instead of just randomly taking pictures and hoping for the best.  I now have an EOS SLR I should learn how to use it!  

I have also been playing with Photoshop.  Mainly because when I take pictures with the SLR they all seem to be at an angle!  I have to fix that at least.  I also converted some to black and white.  Below is one of the pictures that I took in the early morning one day converted to black and white.


I need to take more pictures, review them to see what I like about them, what I don't like and practice, practice, pratice!  
  
Don't hate me because my mother-in-law has this view. . . .

The above picture is at low tide around the full moon.  Elbow Cay is in the Sea of Abaco so it is pretty shallow, only 8 to 10 feet deep from what I understand. (Sorry maybe once I figure out this blogging thing I can post better pics)

DS
the tttgoddess

No comments:

Post a Comment